• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI - Kinda Sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I've been working on a return for my NFII Ultra Infinity motherboard now with DFI for about three weeks, and it's a little absurd. I thought I'd share.

First, I returned the motherboard because it stopped posting, for no real reason. Took it out of the case, put it back in, and it was done. It had a defective AGP slot anyway, so I set up a return, paid for shipping to them (which is fine) and they replaced the slot. Upon receiving it back, it still wouldn't POST.

I sent it back a second time, out of pocket again, and they said that the CMOS chip was bad. They supposedly tested it, replaced it, and sent it back, and it still isn't posting. I've tried everything I can think of, and it just plain isn't working:

Trying two different CPUs, both of which work in another machine
3 working DIMMs, all working in another machine
A power supply that works fine
A PCI and an AGP graphics card, both work fine in another machine

Now, I've been trying to get in touch with DFI for two days by phone, and can't get a hold of anyone. I went over to DFI Street to see if the rep there, Angry_Games, can help me. He told me to:
Send me your board, cpu, memory, vid card, and let me take a look at it

Travis Hill
2905 N Hampton St
Boise, ID 83704

you can call the office and verify I am a DFI employee and it is safe to send me your items.

T
So he wants me to send $500 worth of equipment to him so HE can play around with it? Please... :bang head

and btw, when i rma'd my board i didnt actually RMA it, i sent it to a tech, he check it, CALLED ME as he was checking it out, and sent it express to me
callem up -
DFI (San Jose), Inc.
30991 San Clemente St. Hayward, CA. 94545 USA
TEL: 1-510-274-8000

they're the ONLY mobo manu i know that actually has live ppl on tech support lol

I have called them.
Now, I've been trying to get in touch with DFI for two days by phone, and can't get a hold of anyone.

I know he's legit. I'm just not about to send all of my stuff over to him to play with. I think it's completely unreasonable.

A tech checked mine out too. Called me, sent it express back. Twice. And it still doesn't work.

johan851 said:
I have called them.

I know he's legit. I'm just not about to send all of my stuff over to him to play with. I think it's completely unreasonable.

A tech checked mine out too. Called me, sent it express back. Twice. And it still doesn't work.
now thats ****ed up :(

I'm still thinking that I must be doing something wrong on my end, but I'm trying, and trying, and I just can't get it to post. :-/

Nice monitor setup D94. :)

hmm you should see if you can just get them to send a new board

that said, try getting ahold of someone with a compatible computer an go from there

that said, try getting ahold of someone with a compatible computer an go from there
What do you mean? I've been switching parts out with another AXP rig I have, if that's what you're asking. My goal today is to get them to admit that it's still broken, then see what I can get.

Back