• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Gold Gamer eXtreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most 3200 Gold does that though. I may pick up a set to play with if someone can confirm it's BH, who knows it may OC better than regular 3200 Gold.

Eldonko said:
So basically it is 3200 Gold with a new name targeted towards non-OCing gamers?

Basically, yeah. These are kinda targeted for the novice overclocker.

Think it will reach higher speeds than 3200 Gold because it may be the "better" Gold sticks? My Gold does 263Mhz, but I need more powa!

Trying to decide between GBH, 4000VX, and this stuff with 270+ as a goal.

I've got some GH. I just need to get me a DFI board and 6600gt b/c my neo2 doesn't o/c well or like the booster too much. In memtest was dang close to 240 at 2.9v. It would spit an error every 3rd pass or so.

good luck with more than 270 with UTT as Sucka said, I'm hoping for that with my XP4000 Redlines.

I didn't say it would be easy, but everyone needs goals right? I may have to go through a few sets of UTT but I will be posting a 270Mhz 32M eventually. :)

I am staying away from Mushkin, resale value drops too much when you buy it because of their bogus warranty.

Eldonko said:
Think it will reach higher speeds than 3200 Gold because it may be the "better" Gold sticks? My Gold does 263Mhz, but I need more powa!

Trying to decide between GBH, 4000VX, and this stuff with 270+ as a goal.

If you don't want to mess with Muskin, then go with the GSkill GBH. I've seen at least one screenshot with 270 out of those.

Eldonko said:
I didn't say it would be easy, but everyone needs goals right? I may have to go through a few sets of UTT but I will be posting a 270Mhz 32M eventually. :)

I am staying away from Mushkin, resale value drops too much when you buy it because of their bogus warranty.

Please elaborate. Their warranty policy is very acceptable. The only reason warranty policies are made tougher is because of the people that abuse the crap out of their memory period! Make no mistake about it, Mushkin is offering a fair warranty......

Oh yeah, I am a happy Mushkin TCCD user, I like the low voltage much better.

m :)

mucker said:
Please elaborate. Their warranty policy is very acceptable. The only reason warranty policies are made tougher is because of the people that abuse the crap out of their memory period! Make no mistake about it, Mushkin is offering a fair warranty......

Oh yeah, I am a happy Mushkin TCCD user, I like the low voltage much better.

m :)

You have to have a store receipt to get an RMA. Makes it tougher to resell them on ebay or forums.

HousERaT said:
You have to have a store receipt to get an RMA. Makes it tougher to resell them on ebay or forums.
Yeah, not only do you need a receipt, you also must be the person that originally bought it. if you sell your RAM (which I do every few months) the warranty is void and resale value is less. Their warranty is fine if you plan of keeping the RAM forever but many OCers buy a lot of different RAM to test.

Back