• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEWARE of Newegg scam!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerrit1

I bought an Apollo GeForce 6800 128mb videocard from Newegg.com from their refurbished section, it was advertised as a 325mhz core with 12 pipelines like any other non-ultra 6800 card has....BUT they shipped me an Apollo GeForce 6800le card with a 300mhz core and 8 pipelines, it's a much slower video card.
Because it's refurbished they will only replace it with an identicle video card, another 6800le...they false advertised and wont do anything about it! :bang head

Jerrit

well if your receipt says a 6800 nu thats what you get, or else you should be getting yoru money back..

ask to speak to a manager and/or stop payment on your credit card...

well, I did not print the page off and it probably was the only refurb Apollo GeForce card they had because they took the page down...I did a search, the page advertising the card I bought is gone.
The receipt does say "Apollo 6800", the box the card came in says "GeForce 6800LE" and the card says this as well...I also noticed they sent me a retail fully packaged card with seals in place and all when in fact I should have been sent an opened box with no CD's and such...my only guess is they sold the 6800 so they just grabbed a 6800LE off the shelf and shipped it figuring I'd be too stupid to know the difference...is it ok for a grown man to cry? :rolleyes:
They still are advertising a Leadtek Geforce 6800LE card for $30 less...so they do know the difference between a 6800 and a 6800LE.
I will call them again tomorow, then I will call my card company to put a stop payment on it since I used my VISA card.

Jerrit

Download google desk toolbar. It can find a lot of web history files. I know i've used it to find old tracking numbers for an ebay delivery dispute once. You might be able to find the order page with it.

- Awperator

Thank you for posting this issue. I apologize for the delayed response with this issue. We truly apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please provide me with your customer or order information so I can be sure to investigate this and find you the best possible resolution.

Thank You,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

Back