• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E-Del Gigabit Lan problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Hi guys & gals

I have just today done a clean install of a stock machine, done all the internet updates, etc (using the lan). Booted the PC up tonight to find the onboard lan is disabled.

All I have done since it was working perfectly, is added a TV Tuner Card (which I have now removed); a modem (also removed) and printer drivers (which I have not removed just yet)

Device Manager shows the yellow circle with the black exclamation mark over the lan, and in it's properties...

This device cannot start (Code 10)

Click troubleshooter, etc.

I have used system restore, taken all the added hardware bits out, disabled & re-enabled, uninstalled and reinstalled, disabled in BIOS and reenabled, but each time comes up with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thought of that... checked the Asus site and the driver was the same as I had installed.... did you mean check the INTEL site (as opposed to the Asus site?)

Funniest thing... you know how when you first turn the PC on... how the lights on the lan (or lan card) start pulsing - looking for a connection... this one is dead as a DODO! No lights, no nuthin.

I suspect it is a hardware fault... in any event, had a Netgear GA311 Gigabit card laying around, so threw that in, and she's back up and running. Disabled the other in BIOS, so problem disappeared.

Thanks anyways

Well the trouble can lie even at a bad wire ( cable conection or the cable it self , or wrong pollarity , or even wrong cable at the wrong spot ..
Or even wrong topology cable for the job .

You fall at one, IT windows 2000 server Expert :santa:

I have a switch hub , and the Intel GLan works fantastik well .

About drivers the latest ver is availiable in INTEL , but if i was in your shoe , i would look for hardware conflict with one PCI card .
That makes more sense to me .

Back