• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Redline XP3500 1 gb dual channel Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

I am thinking about buying these even though they are quite pricey. My system specs are below.

I know that my system is an Athlon XP still, do you think they will be able to handle these? Was thinkin bout these instead of that SI-97 because i will be making the switch to 64 in a while and these will help me in the near future. So what do oyu think?

I can support this ram in my motherbaord, but that would mean not switching back to nf7-s since i cannot get 3.X volts in ddr without a voltmod.

With the an7, i can get 3.2 MAX voltage in ddr. So if i were to use this ram would i get any benefit?

I am using geil value right now.

If you can give it more then 3V on Vdimm then yes, if not then you would be better off with some Balistix or TCC5. Also if you plan to upgrade to 939 socket in the future then they would be a good investment but be sure to get DFI NF4 board as they will provide all the voltages that you will ever need.

thanks. i think i may just buy this. but that would mean blowing away all of my money. I have been saving for a while and just got 80 dollars more. hopefully i will be able to buy these.

Is it true that i will need to have some active cooling on it? I have one fan on the side panel blowing on the vid card, a duct on cpu and two intakes and one rear exhaust 120.

I am using the Antec TX1050B right now.

Tyreal said:
Is it true that i will need to have some active cooling on it? I have one fan on the side panel blowing on the vid card, a duct on cpu and two intakes and one rear exhaust 120.

I am using the Antec TX1050B right now.

Yes if you plan to OC'ed (how much voltage you give them) at all then you will need some active cooling that will blow cold air directly at them. Althought it is not required it is recommended that you use it to extend the life of your RAM and give you better results.

Tyreal said:
alright.

do you think 250 dollars CAD is a resonable price for these ram sticks?

I know that u can get them for $170 US but I'm not sure how much Canadian retailers sell them for or what they go for.

yea. its on sale at ncix.com for 250$ with massive canadian tax. Do you, personally, think it is worth it? I am considering it, but i am reluctant cuz then i would be broke.

Tyreal said:
yea. its on sale at ncix.com for 250$ with massive canadian tax. Do you, personally, think it is worth it? I am considering it, but i am reluctant cuz then i would be broke.

Well you could get XP3200's or some Gold VX's for a cheaper price.

Also I don't want to SPAM to much, so if you need help to further extent get the AIM and I can help you out if you need anymore help.

i have 220 dollars. how about you help me. go to that memory page. here:

NCIX: Memory PAge

And then you can help me. Tax is 0.14 so i need it to be under 220 with tax added on. Lookin for decent ram still though.

I would look around and see if the Redline 3500 will work on K7 architecture. I know from experience that K7 can get real funny when it comes to UTT memory. TCCD memory works like a dream on my NF7 though. You might want to consider the TCC5 like Dragon said.

ic. i was thinking about the HP3200 redline. im gonna check out the TCCD memorys. which one do you recommend that would be U220.

RedDragonXXX said:
If you can give it more then 3V on Vdimm then yes, if not then you would be better off with some Balistix or TCC5. Also if you plan to upgrade to 939 socket in the future then they would be a good investment but be sure to get DFI NF4 board as they will provide all the voltages that you will ever need.
agreed, d*mn I agree with you a lot :D

Back