• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annoying problems with a D915PBLL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wing

Hi Everyone,

I am at witts end after dealing with this for the durration of the day so now comes to inquiry time.

I have a D915PBLL with OCZ 1G(512X2) OCZ25331024ELDCGE-K DDR2 Memory (533 bus, 512MB sticks x 2) and a ATI FireGL V5100 (yes these are engineering workstations)

I originally ordered a 3.2Ghz P4 540J CPU (LGA775) and then found out from the intel guy that the J is not supported without a bios update....wow thats convenient since I cant update the bios without a cpu that works. So i hunted around thorough the last batch of engineering stations I built and found a plain 540 chip which he said would work. Put that in and still nothing. The system starts up, fans start etc but i get no joy on the screen. Heres the variables

I am POSITIVE teh CPU works since it came from a working box

I am pretty sure the board is fine since when i took the video card and memory out it gave 3 long beeps which the guy said means the baord is working (3 beeps is a memory error) i put the video card back in and the memory back in, no beeps, no screen, just alot of spinning fans...yay.

I am also pretty sure the video carsd is fine since I put in 3 different PCI cards (yes with the firegl removed) and got no screens on any of those either.

The only thing i can think of or my best idea of what the deal is is the memory, and I dont have any different brand or kind of DDR2 to test (when i built this round i figured id step up to all the new technologies, since with the others i used a board with AGP and DDR)

Anyway the thing that tells me that there HAS to be a common denominator is that i have 2 machines that i built with the same identical parts and chasis and neither work and do the same exact thing.

I should also mention i tried all of this with the board out of the chasis also as to rule out any grounding problems.

Can anyone offer any wisdom? Thanks!!

Back