• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for OC????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ppppp

Registered
Hi,

my question is:

What brand of memory (PC133) is specially god for overclocking???

:)

Peter

ppppp said:
Hi,

my question is:

What brand of memory (PC133) is specially god for overclocking???

:)

Peter

Welcome to the Forums!

There are several brands that are better for overclocking than others.

The top 3 are Mushkin's, Corsair, and Crucial, not nessecarily in that order.

Some people get better results with Crucial (The lowest cost of them all) than Mushkin's (The highest cost of them all). Some get better results with Corsair then with Mushkin's or Crucial.

It just depends on the sticks you end up with. Stick with one of those 3 brands, and you'll overclock faster, and more stably than with other inferior brands like Kingston and Samsung.

Edit: You can expect a mod to move to the "Memory" forum.

Think you can add Infineon to that list, as Mushkin now is using Infineon 7ns chips and are guaranteed to run @ 150Mhz 2-2-2.

The Infineon modules are a lot cheaper (~$40 for 256Mb, bout half the price of Mushkin modules), but make sure they have the 7ns chips. (product codes are: HYS 64V32220GU-7-C2 and HYS 72V32220GU-7-C2).
OK they wont guarantee that they will run @ 150Mhz 2-2-2, but they do come with a 10 year warranty.

Heh... forgot Infineon. (Just happens to be my current RAM brand too! =P)

They make fantastic stuff rated at very low CAS speeds too.

Glad to see someone got the caps right in my name, red! Most people exclude a "B" or only capitalize the first letter.

Edit: I left Micron out of the list because Crucial is a special devision of Micron. They use high speed Micron chips.)

Back