• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E dlx- How hot should the chipset H/S get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duster

Hi,

I'd just like to know how hot your chipset H/S gets.
Mine seems to be around the 50 deg C mark, at stock speeds, Is this too hot?
If so, should I add a fan over the chipset?

Mine runs on the hotside as well. Above 40C with no fan. Either get a fan or, an aftermarket cooler. Mine ran this hot with the stock cooler and overclocked about 262 FSB I then got a nb-1c. Good luck finding them, for a good price, Thermalright discontinued them.

Hi,
Thanks for reply.

I used to have a small fan that I ran on the chipset H/S of my last motherboard(Abit TH7-II).
I think I may use that, and see how the temps are.

Um... that fits, and is really popular for non water overclocking people. I considered it but didn't like the looks.

The P4C800E NB does run at 50C with out active cooling .

I have made a patent , with an old P3 socket 50mm Fan , plus a tube cover 50mm , from a PHILIPS oil spey .

I had to cut all the fins at the same size, than the lower ones in the ASUS heat sink, i left uncut only the two large in the sides .

If you get all the parts together, the assemply is easy , the fan ties with the one side of the cylinder with two small plastick wires tiers (legran) .
The othe side just gets in to the heatsing , by 0.5 cm , and stucks there .

Its easy ,and effective, at the minimum cost .
You need some tools ,and a bit of skill , other than that its easy to do .
Now my NB temps is like 35 - 38C at max , with 29C room temp.

I had add permanent thermal sensor on the NB , conected on the P4C800E , third, external sensor plug.
Its located next to the jumpers about power switch - speaker etc etc

Last edited:
I have this mobo and my chipset idles at 30 C. However, I have very good airflow in my case and one of those huge Zalman 7700 CU units blowing air all over my cpu/mobo.

Heh , you have a cool NB , but your CPU it does not feel that cool with the Zalman :)

Any way the most people in here have well ventilated cases . :p

The point is that below the NB is always the VGA , that gets warm , and makes a litle hot even the air that moves in the NB .

My idea looks to makes thinks better , at list it does not cost that many $$$
And i believe that other active NB coolers will behave the same under this conditions .

TIP: MR Zalman , never chalenge some one with a SLK900 and a SMART fanII ,you will loose :santa:

Back