• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on OCZ Plat Elite PC 4800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is supposed to be the best of the TCCD, in line with GSkill LE or FF. Not many have it yet though so results are limites at the moment. I think you made a good choice.

TCCD runs well on any new system be it intel or AMD so unless (and even if) you have a DFI NF4 board these are probably better than even the fastest VX/UTT.

Pretty.
Where are you getting them from?

EDIT~ Nvm, jumped the gun on that one. Kinda spendy, but shiny :) Would like to know how they treat you.

I have an extra unopened brand new set. Anyone interested they are in the FS section.

Last edited:
I don't know a whole lot about ram but I think the TCCD stuff runs off of 3.2v-3.3v and BH-5 does like 2.8v or something like that. What are the specs on your system?

avalanche83 said:
I don't know a whole lot about ram but I think the TCCD stuff runs off of 3.2v-3.3v and BH-5 does like 2.8v or something like that. What are the specs on your system?

...TCCD/5 likes lower voltages 2.8-3.0 while BH-5 runs alot better with more voltage 3.2-3.6 even 3.8...

I had to make shure when I got my ram that I was able to do the voltages in bios. Sad for me it only went up to 2.8v so that limited me to TCCD Ballistix. I did a flash on bios and now have 3.2v vdimm. Still not enough for BH-5 but good enough to give the TCCD Ballistix what it needs.

Is Elite Edition better than Limited Edition? are they the same but different chips TCCD and TCC5? If you can get Elite Edition for $10 more over Limited Edition, will you go for EE instead LE?

OCS911 said:
Is Elite Edition better than Limited Edition? are they the same but different chips TCCD and TCC5? If you can get Elite Edition for $10 more over Limited Edition, will you go for EE instead LE?

Are you asking about gskill LE or our EL? The pc4800EL is based on TCC5 chips and won't do 2-2-2 timings at lower speeds. The Elite Edition ram does 2-2-2 timings and lower speed and over 300FSB...plus they are based on TCCD which everyone loves so much :santa:

OCS911 said:
I would definately spend the $10 extra for EE.

i have the 4200EL....i think i mihgt sell as i might be held back by my FSB.

but other than that this ram is AWESOME.

OCZ has it in about a week or two as they told me, I will get PC4800 Elite Edition from them on my RMA PC5000 (discontinue) :)

Back