• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kowalino

Hi everybody
Need some advice here.

Just got my new RAM OCZ Plat Rev2 3200(2-2-2-5)

I am currently trying to raise my fsb while keeping my memory timmings tight.
Right now i am on
225 FSb x 11=2475mhz 1.81vcore
2-3-3-11 timmings 2.80v in bios/ 2.84v MBM
1.70v NB

My question: I know TCCD like less voltage to run (2.6/2.7), but i can only keep this timmings and pass memtest86 error free with 2.8v.
Is it safe to keep this voltage 24/7, or am i risking damaging my ram?

My rig
XP-mobile 2500@2475mhz
ocz plat rev2 2x512
si-97+vantec tornado

Thank you for any input on this
_______MK___________________

:welcome: to the Forum!
I run my tccd at 2.85 24/7 and I don't think it's a problem as long as you have decent air flow in your case. BTW is that tccd or tcc5? If it's tcc5 it likes higher voltage.

Thanks rseven for the warm welcome
I really like this forum
Lot´s of good people+info in here.
The Ram is TCCD , so if 2.8v is ok
i feel more confident and will try to push my FSb some more
and see where i can go.....
Thanks for the info

_______MK______________

since those sticks are probably TCC5 you should be able to run them at 2.9-3.1v. Just make sure if you go above 2.9v that you actively cool them.

always try to run ur memory at the lowest voltage with the best results.. if its tccd, it rarely responds to anything over 2.9. if its tcc5- ive heard it can take alittle more, however i dont own any, so im not positive...

It's always worth a shot to pump a little more voltage in. As mentioned TCCD doesn't respond well to high voltages, but TCC5 has been reported to see gains all the way through ~3.2v

I would suggest some active cooling when you hit that 3.0v mark, even TCCD tends to get warm at that point.

Back