• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz platinum rev1 2-3-2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onimusha

thats the ram i got the 1 gig dual channel kit. whats the max overclock for this ram? i cant get 227mhz or 230mhz without getting randrom restarts :bang head . i relaxed the timings alot, even tried 3-4-4-8. the max voltage i can give ram is 2.8. how much voltage is good for this ram?

:welcome: onimusha

What mobo are you running on?
Try running them at 2.5-4-4-8 or 2.5-4-4-10. I just had to change my OCZ PC4000Golds to 2.5-4-4-10 and relaxed the voltage to 2.6 and they are working great so far. Won't know until tomorrow night after 18-24 hours running prime95. I had them at 2.5-3-3-6 as defined by OCZ but I started seening heat problems. I read somewhere that some memory dosen't like the first number to be 3 but I'm not sure of the source.

I have that same ram but i connot run 2-3-2-5 i have to run 2-2-3-5 and it is really weird. I only have mine at 209fsp at 2-2-3-5 at 2.6v. OCZ says it can do 2.8v fine but its up to you to go higher.

It really varies because every stick of RAM is different. I'm using the Platinum Revision 2 so I don't think I would be much of help.

-1cem4n

Jacobman said:
I have that same ram but i connot run 2-3-2-5 i have to run 2-2-3-5 and it is really weird. I only have mine at 209fsp at 2-2-3-5 at 2.6v. OCZ says it can do 2.8v fine but its up to you to go higher.

Would that be
cas 2
trcd 3
trp 2
tras 5

That you are running them at now? If so those are the correct timings.

This ram uses Infineon C die chips which are old school winbond CH-5 chips with a new label...so the overclock just about the same

Steve

Back