• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Around 200.00 for ram, what should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulcan

Okay, I want to get ram before the prices go any higher. I won't be building my A64 system for another couple weeks (either 3700 san diego or a x2 3800+), but I figure I can just use the ram in my current system until then. So, for around 200.00 what ram should I get?

Get some OCZ Platn Rev2 while they are still cheep. They go around $160 at Egg but I seen the price jump in the last few days, so get them while you can.

RedDragonXXX said:
Get some OCZ Platn Rev2 while they are still cheep. They go around $160 at Egg but I seen the price jump in the last few days, so get them while you can.
Yeah... I'm looking at those or the G.Skills. I'll be ordering something tonight probably... Just am not 100% sure what yet :D

Only reason why G-Skill are priced so much is because they are still running on TCCD's. So I say get the OCZ Platn Rev2 because they will clock at the same freq as those and past. I seen lot of people do 300MHz/DDR600 with these on 2.5-4-4-8/2.5-4-3-7 at around 2.9V-3V. Only advantage of TCCD over TCC5 (OCZ) is that they will run at lover Vdimm and they can do 2.5-3-3-6 with slightly higher freq so figure if that's worth extra $70 for you.

Thanks for the help. I've never been good with picking ram.

There, ordered the OCZ Plat rev2. I bet the prices will drop instead of rise now...

Back