• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neweggg REFURB items

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calcal

I was planning on buying a REFURB mobo from newegg but when i clicked the picture to enlarge it SAID OEM BAREBONE meaning all i get is the mobo. Newegg rep is it a hit or miss situation when you get the accessories?

Newegg when you guys receive RMA's what do you guys do with it?

help me out newegg support

Last edited:
last board came with nothing. It was even in a socket a box even though it was correct ut 350. Hit and miss type of thing. Sometimes I get everything and sometimes not.

Yep, that's been my experience too with Newgg refurb motherboards. I've gotten mobo's from them as NIB and also just as a bare board in a white box.

stool said:
then sometimes you get pleasantly surprised.

One time I recieved a mobo in the retail box with all accessories minus the motherboard users manual, it did have a Geforce4 Ti4600 manual, in pristing condition.... I did keep my eyes open for anyone looking for a GF4 ti4600 manual, I figured I could ask him if he has my mobo manual
all.gif

Silversinksam said:
.... I did keep my eyes open for anyone looking for a GF4 ti4600 manual, I figured I could ask him if he has my mobo manual
all.gif
Well, at least you are prepared if a ti4600 falls into your lap.

I got lucky and my refurb'd AN7 came in box with everything. As said before, just be prepared for a motherboard in a white box.

I apologize for the delayed response. Please note that you will receive a faster response if I am PM'd directly.

When you buy any refurbished item online, you are taking a risk. These items are tested by the manufacturer and returned to Newegg for resale. For the most part, you will only receive the item itself (OEM barebone). You may get lucky and the accessories can be included, but for the most part if you buy a refurbished item, be prepared to receive the item only. You will have to get accessories separately. If you order a refurbished item and you are not satisfied, please contact me for an RMA as you have a 15-day warranty period.

Thank you,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

so when newegg receives the rma, newegg sends the item back to the manufacturer, the manufacturer sends it back to you guys guranteed to work?

Well... nothing is guaranteed. When a customer returns the item and states the issue. Newegg sends the item to the manufacturer and lets them know why the item was returned and what the problem was thought to be. They will then check that and if they feel that the item is useable and resellable; they return to Newegg. They usually don't return it with all of the accessories or anything but the item itself.

Thank you,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

wow you are you serious

how come newegg doesnt keep the accessories ?
if they are just inspecting the main item.
I think thats considered stealing, unless they pay you guys back for it

Back