• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4S800D-X or ASROCK P4V88 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Asus P4S800D-X w/ VIA PT880 chipset for $74
or
ASROCK P4V88 w/SIS 655FX chipset for $71?

Which is the better choice ? they both have dual-chan ddr 400 along with sata and overclocking options all of these i am looking for in a low priced board, is the Asus a better choice ? im sure it is for the extra 3 dollars :) lemme hear your mind on these two boards please, also which is the better performing chipset, in all aspects including overclocking.
-ddr

Both boards are so similar it would be a close call. But my vote is for the Asus just because you will probably get more BIOS features/software stuff. But like I said, difficult decision.

Try to find out if they both have agp/pci locks. Your overclock will be very limited without it.

I vote neither. Friends don't let friend buy VIA or SIS chipsets. Get an Intel chipset or you might as well go with an AMD system.

hahha i know they both arent very good buy its all i can get for how much cash ive got :/ tryed to find something intel used fro my price but i cant :(

Back