• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any newer onboard sound drivers for P4C800-E Deluxe, than on Asus web site?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duster

Hi,
Any body know where I can get newer onboard sound drivers than the ones on Asus Web site. The drivers there are 2 years old.

Thanks

if i remember correctly, i think P4C and P4P use the AC97 drivers...so go to the manufacturers site and see if they have some there. im sure that they do.

and... :welcome: to the forums!

bastula said:
if i remember correctly, i think P4C and P4P use the AC97 drivers...so go to the manufacturers site and see if they have some there. im sure that they do.

and... :welcome: to the forums!
Hi,

Thanks for reply.
Not sure if AC97 would work, as P4C800-E Deluxe use ADI sound max, but I may be wrong............anyone else like to comment?

Last edited:
I have the same mobo, so tell me your findings please. :]

I think the sound drivers for this onboard sound on this mobo may be why my copy of BF2 crashes to the desktop so often.

MikeD1883 said:
I have the same mobo, so tell me your findings please. :]

I think the sound drivers for this onboard sound on this mobo may be why my copy of BF2 crashes to the desktop so often.

Hi,

Sorry to say, but the above driver doesnt work, I tried installing it 3 times, and each time the install program crashes, taking Windows with it....... :bang head

Hi,

Somebody said that you can use the sound driver from the Asus P5P800 MOBO, But only version 51.50 of the sound driver, nothing later.

Ive installed this one at the moment and it is running so far, fingers crossed :thup:

This driver is dated June 2004, so only a year and a bit out of date :rolleyes:

Hi,

So far the sound driver from the Asus P5P800 MOBO, version 51.50, is working OK, ive had no problems yet.
This driver is a year newer, than the driver for the P4C800-E Deluxe, try it if your having problems.
Good Luck

Will do :)

Edit: They're not working either :(

Last edited:
stryg said:
Will do :)

Edit: They're not working either :(

Hi,

Which? The ones for the Asus P5P800 MOBO, version 51.50?

Thats a shame as ive got them running ok so far

Hes Right The P5P800 Drivers Is Not 100% Compatible To The P4C Ive Tried Them And In Some Games Like GTA-SA The Sound Is Not Working Only The Music/Radio Is Working And Its Too Bad....

DuduMan said:
Hes Right The P5P800 Drivers Is Not 100% Compatible To The P4C Ive Tried Them And In Some Games Like GTA-SA The Sound Is Not Working Only The Music/Radio Is Working And Its Too Bad....

Hi,
Thats a shame then, is the sound driver from the P4C800-E deluxe motherboard CD,working with these games?

Hi,

Maybe it's time we turned off our onboard sound, and used PCI sound cards?
As Asus seem to have stopped making new sound drivers for this board:bang head

Whats a good PCI sound card to get, that runs well with this board?

Back