• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Patriot Tccd settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Hey memory Guru's I need help to get this Damn memory stable, if I run prime 95 blend or large FFt's I error out in a few seconds at the settings in Pic, but if I just run small FFt's it is stable and will run for hours, I know this memory is close to stable as it runs everything else fine, 3Dmark, memory benchies etc.. no problem at all, can anyone make a suggestion to try? newsettings.jpg

thanks for any help
-Milkman

sounds like either the cpu or the memory isn't getting enough voltage..... On my Venice I need to give it 1.66v to get stable enough to run 32mb superpi. Are those TCCD or TCC5 sticks?

Running 2.9 volts through them right now, they are TCCD sticks, the thing is once I incorporate memory testing with prime Large FFt's etc I then get the errors, but take them out of the equation and it will run fine( No errors) do you still think it's the Memory controller of the cpu?

I've always read most TCCD like around 2.7 ~ 2.8vdimm. Though thats just what i read...not real world results. TCC5 on the other hard loves 2.9 ~ 3.0vdimm to reach 300fsb. Mine for example being TCC5 needs at least 2.9vdimm to hit 300fsb, and 3.0vdimm to stablize it. Try backing off on your voltage and possibly loosening your times slightly. If backing off on the voltage doesn't help, try the timings :D

It depends on the tccd. Mine runs best at 2.85, which is the max for my board. If I had 2.9 to give it I would try as I think it would do better. I agree that those timings are too tight for that level of OC. 3-4-4-8 sounds much more reasonable. The speed will make up for the looser timings.

Milkman said:
Running 2.9 volts through them right now, they are TCCD sticks, the thing is once I incorporate memory testing with prime Large FFt's etc I then get the errors, but take them out of the equation and it will run fine( No errors) do you still think it's the Memory controller of the cpu?

Try backing down the memory clock until prime95 is stable...... see what clock you come up with.

Clone said:
try
tref 1168 (166/7.8us)
R/W Queue Bypass 8X

Running those right now and it has gone further than it was, I will let it run longer later, it won't do these speeds with less voltage as I have tried and it reboots right off, thanks guys for the ideas, I will let you know I things look later.

-Milkman

Back