• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G-Skill 4400 LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi guys a few questions..

One is Super PI ram intensive ? And if so what would cause a 1 m run to take one minute 23 seconds on the above ram at 265 Fsb stock settings timings ?

Also how do i determin if I infact have G-Skill 4400 Le ?

Sandra scores at 265 Fsb are 6768 and 6757 which look correct but why the long super pi ? I should be at 30 seconds or so not over a Minute 20 ...

Yes PI is memory intensive.

It should say on the label/packaging if it's LE's.

What setup took 1:23? If you're using the DFI you HAVE TO get 6/23 BIOS or later. If it's a previous version it will take PI over a minute. I found this out when i got my X2. 6/23 has performance fix.

I used Bios 6/23 Ill check again but when i flashed it I thought my god it is automated what a nice feature..Cause I had bios 5-10 and that only saw 1 core . Sorry

X2 4400 and the G.Skill 4400 Le

And in Cpuz it just says PC4400 277 Mhz

Spd timings table 3 6 6 11 @ 277 Mhz I did look it says on chips

K4H560838F TCCD

Well obviously a X2 and LE's shouldn't result in over a minute in PI. Something is up. I had the exact same issue before i used 6/23 Beta BIOS.

I started another thread Asking if I could flash from something other then a floppy as i apparently have 3 dead floppy drives and 3 bad cables,,OR the main board has a bad fdd port ...Or maybe the bios has it shut off ? LMAO the heat is making me ill...

Suka I am thinking you have Bios 623-3 ? -2 or - 1

I ask because I seen at xtream 3 different versions..Although there not allowing me to dowload any of them for some reason...

I use version 3. Some swear by 1, some by 2, others by 3. I've always had my luck using 3.

Also posted a link to Winflash in your other thread. Flashed many times from windows without problems, seems safe enough for me. I was used to flashing with a floppy myself, but this is just soooooo much easier.

diehrd said:
I started another thread Asking if I could flash from something other then a floppy as i apparently have 3 dead floppy drives and 3 bad cables,,OR the main board has a bad fdd port ...Or maybe the bios has it shut off ? LMAO the heat is making me ill...

diehrd, This Thread over at XS is all about DFI BIOSes. They have a user who keeps a bootable CD-ROM that you can flash the BIOS from. I use it whenever I need to flash and it has never failed me. You can find a link to that bootable CD at the thread, along with instructions on how to burn it properly. I, too, hate the hassel of a floppy-drive and the cables associated with it.

Thanks all but exspecially to Suka he is my 911 .. I did have a big issue with a chipset driver I installed but I think i hav ethat figured out now..I sis use win image to flash bios worked like a champ..

Back