• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmos speed premium aa47, do they make it anymore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkfosgate

Registered
My buddy is wanting a stick of the speed premium aa4t sticks. I also wanted a couple more, but i can only find refurbished ones on newegg.com Did they stop making the speed premiums in aa4t????

No, Im wanting the sticks that have aa4t on them, i guess the winbond utt chips. Are they still out there?

"AA4T" ICs were the BH quality Winbond UTT that made its way down to a single batch of Speed Premiums sold in the U.S. Twinmos now relables these ICs as "BH-5" in the Speed Premiums going around in Europe. I don't see any of these "BH-5" Speed Premiums being sold in the states however. I think it was maybe vr-zone, gruntville, or viperlair that had a twinmos rep selling these modules directly in the forums.

fldrice said:
"AA4T" ICs were the BH quality Winbond UTT that made its way down to a single batch of Speed Premiums sold in the U.S. Twinmos now relables these ICs as "BH-5" in the Speed Premiums going around in Europe. I don't see any of these "BH-5" Speed Premiums being sold in the states however. I think it was maybe vr-zone, gruntville, or viperlair that had a twinmos rep selling these modules directly in the forums.

AA4T are not the BH-Quality ics. BH-die are the 1A4T ics. AA4T are CH-quality. Regarding availibility, you'll have a tough time finding either in the US at this point. There are still some places selling the 1A4T but I don't believe TwinMOS is using the CH-die ics any more. :-/ Good stuff though as I have both the AA4T and 1A4T gigs.

HousERaT said:
AA4T are not the BH-Quality ics. BH-die are the 1A4T ics. AA4T are CH-quality. Regarding availibility, you'll have a tough time finding either in the US at this point. There are still some places selling the 1A4T but I don't believe TwinMOS is using the CH-die ics any more. :-/ Good stuff though as I have both the AA4T and 1A4T gigs.
Good catch mate. My memory is getting a little rusty.

Back