• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Pc3200 El Ddr Platinum Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Megalo

Registered
I have a DFI nf3 250gb with a AMD 3000+ Newcastle. I've been running a stick of 512mb of generic ram & load times are rediculous! I'm considering buying 2 sticks of OCZ PC3200 EL DDR PLATINUM EDITION. Do you thing this will compiment my system well & fix my loading problems?

The pc3200 platinum is good fast ram, but if you have a little more money I would get the pc3200 platinum rev 2. These are TCC5 based and overclock much better than the original pc3200 platinum sticks.

SteveOCZ said:
The pc3200 platinum is good fast ram, but if you have a little more money I would get the pc3200 platinum rev 2. These are TCC5 based and overclock much better than the original pc3200 platinum sticks.

Thinking of picking some Rev2 up possibly. How high do the Rev2 go and at what volts typically and timings in relation to the EL platinum?

UPDATE...
I just got some OCZ platinum rev 2. This stuff looks great! & it’s heavy & shinny. I’m running 2-2-2-5 right away @ default voltage & 210 fsb. I can’t wait till I get my XP-120 & panaflow fan, so I can really get the fsb higher, & test its limits.

My only compliant... I put them in & booted up & I got a blue screen. I tried 1 module only, same thing. Tried different slots, same blue screen. I installed my old ram, & blue screen! I reinstalled windows with the OCZ installed, & WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! 2-2-2-5.

I am very happy with this ram.

Bar81 said:
Thinking of picking some Rev2 up possibly. How high do the Rev2 go and at what volts typically and timings in relation to the EL platinum?

I'm sure a lot depends upon your other components, but with my 3700+, you have two choices mainly. 210 Mhz 2-2-2-5 or 250 Mhz 3-3-3-8, both at 2.70 Vdimm. That's not just Memtest stable, but the much feared Prime95 Torture Blend. :) More voltage did not help them, up to the limit where the warranty says to stop. That's just my experience.

Hoot

Back