• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my P4C800 DLX!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanometer

Registered
I got a new mobo in the mail today, and tried to boot up with my 3.2E cpu. It posts fine, but it says CPU over voltage error! I check in Bios and my cpu voltage settings only start at 1.675 and it's a prescott. the voltage reading in bios is .925 or somthing, and i canr restart. If I dont go into bios it will boot the cpu to 1.6 ghz. whats wrong? :(

oh yea i have bios revision 1019 asus doesnt list my mobo any more.. a$$ holes.. so i cant get any other versions.

But for kicks i tried my northwood 2.4c, it worked fine no problems at all even the correct voltages were back. I've seen this before with a Prescott, but when i restarted the problem went away.. shucks

Last edited:
thats a p4c800-e deluxe, those aren't interchangable either. i tried it too.

I am using that bios, none work. The comp doesn't even give display anymore, somthing is wrong ill stolp buy the repair place today, because I'm stumped.

I figured it out, thank you all for your advice! It was a bent CPU pin. And that's all :)

Back