• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New memory arrived, good chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

Just got my new memory from Fedex today! Was wondering what kind of chips it's got on them, they're Elixer (Micron) labeled. Here's what's on the chip:

Elixir 0525
N2DS51280BT-5T
513027R2BF TW

I got those exact same chips too today. Elixir is rebranded Micron?
Can you link me to the RAM you bought?
EnJoY said:
The Centon 1GB sticks at my work (CompUSA) use the same chips, I'd be curious to see how they'd do.
deathstar13 said:
Elixir N2DS51280BT-5T - ive had elixer and its a pretty generic ic.
but may get you 225 but thats just a guess.
Im curious about them to, I will be able to test them by the end of the week.

im guessing you bought crucial value sticks?
crucial doesnt always use micron ic's
elixer's arent relabelled afaik,there just a generic ic brand.
doesnt mean they wont oc tho.

Well I was able to get the timings down to 2.5-3-2-7 and it was stable, and I was able to get it down to 2.5-2-2-7 and it was semi-stable, meaning it would SOMETIMES not boot windows, but a majority of the time it would. That's without any voltage increases. I'm quite pleased with my new memory. :)

brandinb said:
hey gastro i got a 2x512 set of centron memory i think it has the same chips but lower density. i couldnt even get them to run stock speed untill i gave them 2.9 volts then @ 3.1 volts they went up to ddr 490 stable
more info, promising.

Back