• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best mem for under $115

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

urbanlegend213

Registered
ok so basically i am trying to get really good ram for under $115 but first one question is it better to get one stick of great timing 512mb or 1gb(512mb x 2) with ok timing i am going basically only going to be running Firefox, Bf2, CS:S, and HL2 (this is gonna be my gaming rig) and which ever is better(one 512 or two in dual channel) what is the best i can get in my budget range...thanks peace

yo..... can you post a link to the egg on that ram........for somereason my computer cant looad that site???

use 2dimms only not 4

urbanlegend213 said:
ok so basically i am trying to get really good ram for under $115 but first one question is it better to get one stick of great timing 512mb or 1gb(512mb x 2) with ok timing i am going basically only going to be running Firefox, Bf2, CS:S, and HL2 (this is gonna be my gaming rig) and which ever is better(one 512 or two in dual channel) what is the best i can get in my budget range...thanks peace

Please check to see if your motherboard can take 400 (pc3200) on all 4 dimms filled. For what I know most Mobo can only take 333, even if you put 400 in them, unless the rams are single sided. So if you want 2gig use 2x1gig and fill 2 slots.

Back