• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest Ram For over 280htt??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris64

Disabled
Ok im tired of my hyper x crap that wont do 250 stable.

I want 1:1 venice speed ..no divider crap. ALso i hear my msi is limited to low htt when running a divider.

SO whats the best ram thats under 125 buks that will do 280+?
Timings are not important to me i just want higher htt.

i think your gonna have a hard time finding anything that does over 250 for such a low price.
it will most definatly have to be oced and wont be rated that high as that increases costs.
id highley advise looking for used parts in the classifieds as thats what i would do.first of all they are used which is cheaper and usually pretested so its not a guessing game.

a few sticks that can be had cheaply are ones with hynix ic's D-5 and btd-43 are 2 god ones that come to mind.
you will most likley need to use the stickies and see what sticks have those and match them from there.
ill also look and see if i missed anything else thats cheap but high ocing.
its there trust me as ive had them but its hard to fiund and usually the owners want as much as they cost new or sometimes even more if they were sold as value sticks but original costs means nothing as long as it performs.

"edit" its come to my attention the tcc5 sticks on the ocz pc3200 rev2 plat rev1.1 are cheap at newegg and have a rebate making them around $145
many get over 300 with them and some dont.
i get 234 cas 2.0-2-2-4 instead and top out at 254 cas 2.5-3-3-5
but mine are odd and shouldnt be considered normal for these ic's
but anyhow they can be found alot cheaper than tccd used as many purists still swear by tccd. if you find the right person in need of money id say they could be had for $125

well overlclocking and overvolting is what im gonna do. Im prob gonna buy a booster to go with this ram.

Back