• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware profile in Boot sequence??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FastRedPonyCar

I've got an IC7g mobo and a 2.4C cpu so now that that's out of the way, here's my question.

I did a fluid change in my system about a week ago and pull the CPU out to clean and re-apply thermal paste and what not and ever since when I boot up (left the bios untouched), right after it does the whole verifying DMA devices but before the windows loading screen, it asks something about which hardware profile to load :eh?:

The only option is "Default" and if I hit enter, it boots up fine no probelms but it stays on that screen waiting for me to hit enter before it will load windows. It doesn't give me any other options aside from hitting F3 to reboot or some other key to use the last known good config. I've tried using the last known profile that worked and it boots fine but if I reboot, it still comes back to the profile load screen.

Any ideas on how to ditch this screen? I didn't touch anything in the bios when I was doing maintinece and I scoured the bios looking high and low for some sort of profile option and found nothing. Any ideas? :shrug:

I mean...the computer is fine and works great but it's just annoying having to hold it's hand through the boot process.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS and putting the settings back? With that OC, it's possible something went wrong during the boot and messed up some stuff. I've had to do that in the past.

double check in control panel -> system -> hardware profiles, and make sure that there isn't another one there other than the default. you can also change the timeout at the bottom.

Back