• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 comment & question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
Comment: I have had an on-going issue with warm reboots (BIOS 304)...I'd get the OC failed message even with clocks much, much lower than my max. If I just rebooted again from there, it would load normally. I was going to add the missing cap, but I recently added a small fan to the stock ASUS NB sink and my warm reboot problems have totally dissappeared...reboots like stock even at 300FSB now. Just an FYI ;)

Question: Does anyone have an "Extreme" setting in their JumperFree section of BIOS (see attached)? I can't believe I just now noticed it, but I have no clue what it does. There is no mention or description of it in the manual at all. I enabled it, but the best I could tell is that is added 2FSB to the default clock (ie. 202FSB). Does it do something with the AI Booster software (that I am not using)?

Attachments

• bios_xtr.jpg
    bios_xtr.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 124
Ross said:
Comment: I have had an on-going issue with warm reboots (BIOS 304)...I'd get the OC failed message even with clocks much, much lower than my max. If I just rebooted again from there, it would load normally. I was going to add the missing cap, but I recently added a small fan to the stock ASUS NB sink and my warm reboot problems have totally dissappeared...reboots like stock even at 300FSB now. Just an FYI ;)

Question: Does anyone have an "Extreme" setting in their JumperFree section of BIOS (see attached)? I can't believe I just now noticed it, but I have no clue what it does. There is no mention or description of it in the manual at all. I enabled it, but the best I could tell is that is added 2FSB to the default clock (ie. 202FSB). Does it do something with the AI Booster software (that I am not using)?

I found that this got enabled by the asus windows based clocking tool (can't remember the name). I could not disabale the extreem setting, it kept re-anabling itself at each reboot. I had to remove the windows tool and re-flash the bios. It seems like a troublesome feature to me, it also seemed to enable speed step

Back