• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dfi-Boy

i was wondering what every one thought about the kingston HyperX low lat ram im runng 3 sticks of 512 in my pc and have had no problems with them any one have some pros and cons on this ram?

its pretty good stuff, but as with all ram ur speed depends upon the kind of chips. utt/tccd/bh5/6/tcc5 are all good ones, and there is a variation in terms of speed with them as well..

flapperhead said:
its pretty good stuff, but as with all ram ur speed depends upon the kind of chips. utt/tccd/bh5/6/tcc5 are all good ones, and there is a variation in terms of speed with them as well..

how would i see what chips im running?

Dfi-Boy said:
how would i see what chips im running?
Is it the 2-3-2-6 rated or the 2-2-2-5? The 2-2-2-5 was tccd but I don't know if they switched to tcc5. The 2-3-2-6 was CH5 but that could have changed as well. I have used HyperX. It is decent, but not as good as OCZ, Corsair or GSkill.

Fr3@k3r said:
i have a set of PC4200 HyperX 2-2-2-? that runs above average but not anything on a 1:1 devider above 230mhz :/ so if you dont plan on overclocking grab em cause there pretty awesome, but i would stick with corsair twinx or some ocz

hmm, is it a defect that PC4200/DDR533 cannot run over 230? I have a stick of HyperX PC4000/DDR500 and it won't run above 220 in my DFI ultra-d A64 3000+. I thought PC4000 is rated at 250Mhz and PC4200 @266?

Fr3@k3r said:
i have a set of PC4200 HyperX 2-2-2-? that runs above average but not anything on a 1:1 devider above 230mhz :/ so if you dont plan on overclocking grab em cause there pretty awesome, but i would stick with corsair twinx or some ocz

I don't think that any ram exists that's SPD 2-2-2 PC4200. Should that be PC3200 or just that your running it at 2-2-2.

Last edited:
Back