• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5GDC Deluxe peculiarites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illyest

S'up all,

I had the setup in sig running TWINX 3200XL for a long time since the mobo supports DDR and DDR2(not at the same time of course). I wasnt able to get any type of o/c running 1:1 with the 650/DDR1 combo but I could run @ 240FSB 5:4 no problems @ stock voltage. I switched to some TWINX 5400C4PRO last night thinking I should be able to get at least 240FSB again running 1:1 but now I seem to lose my HDD's at even 210FSB running 1:1. I never set the PCI-E lock while running @ 5:4 but I tried it last night thinking it would help but no go. Any ideas? Ideas besides a new mobo please. I plan on getting a better mobo but probably not until next year when Intel does their next chipset...(yes, they will be releasing another one). I'm not really impressed with this round of chipsets anyways. The nvidia intel edition is buggy as hell and the only real + 955X/945P have over their predecessors is 8-channel audio. I run a Creative Augidy2 and it's just fine.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
More of an "Edit" really: I finally realized/read that the 915/925/945/955 chipsets only like memory dividers when using DDR2. I guess the days of just raising the FSB on Intels is over??? :cry: There is another reason I'm not impressed with this round of chipsets :rolleyes:

Back