• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just obtained a Nanya 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM module

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

Can the Nanya 512 MB of PC2700 DDR SDRAM OC better or handle lower latencies than my Kingston 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM with Infineon chips?

Nanya=Elixir

I haven't seen many OC's at ALL with Nanya chips. The only experience I've had with them was in some 1GB sticks of Gigaram. That didn't pan out well as they wouldn't even run at stock speeds on my boards (4 of them).

Kil4Thril said:
Nanya=Elixir

I haven't seen many OC's at ALL with Nanya chips. The only experience I've had with them was in some 1GB sticks of Gigaram. That didn't pan out well as they wouldn't even run at stock speeds on my boards (4 of them).

You wasted money on 4 mobo?
what mobo where they?
And I just cant get it,-You said you used 4 mobo on the ram. why didnt you just give up after 2 mobo or 3 mobo?
It is kind of odd what you are saying here.
Did you check your Gigaram and found out it was nanya, or did you call the company?

I've got a bunch of Dells which use Nanya PC3200 memory rated at 3-3-3-6 I think. But I have run them in an Abit NF7-S at 2-3-3-6 up to 205MHz error free. They are not the best overclockers, best I got was about 210MHz at 2.5-3-3-6.

ochungry said:
You wasted money on 4 mobo?
what mobo where they?
And I just cant get it,-You said you used 4 mobo on the ram. why didnt you just give up after 2 mobo or 3 mobo?
It is kind of odd what you are saying here.
Did you check your Gigaram and found out it was nanya, or did you call the company?

No, no. I have 4 machines that I tried the memory in. I would NEVER buy a mobo to be compatable with a stick of memory. I buy the mobo that will do what I need, then match components to it. I guess I could have just said that.

I called Gigaram, and they told me that the ram was either Micron (or maybe Hynix) or Elixir chips. They didn't even know for sure simply because they bought from 2 companies. If they were Micron, they'd have worked really well.

Back