• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin's new look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Mushkin Announces New Heatsink Design for High Performance PC’s
Denver, CO, July 28, 2005- Mushkin announces a new heatsink for high performance DRAM memory modules. The new heatsink is designed to handle the increased thermal demands of today's high performance PCs. The new design delivers superior thermal conductivity and dissipation. It's sleek and aero-efficient design provides 58% more surface area than Mushkin’s previous heatsink.

"By opening up the design we improved airflow in and around the memory module and increased the surface area," says Brian Flood, head of Mushkin's product development. "It's far superior in performance and appearance."

Additionally, the new design utilizes an advanced thermal adhesive with double the thermal conductivity of the previous material. Mushkin is using the new heatsink on all its performance DDR and DDR2 products, such as the Redline series products that benefit the most from the new design, like the popular Redline and Xtreme series products. Expect to see the new heatsink on all Mushkin performance DDR products.

Comments? I think it looks pretty good. Friend of mine from madshrimps showed me this.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
they even look fast sitting still.
i dont see the 58% more surface area tho.
the better thermal pads are a great idea also.but imo they should be eliminated and replaced with locking the spreaders in mechanically and useing silicone compound or ceramic compound instead.

whats odd is the design. it would fit perfectly with my cooling idea i dreamed up the other night due to insomnia. i think ill do a photoshop rendition and mabey pass it along to someone. :)

maybe they arent using thermal pads anymore, they are using legit heatsinks with ceramique or something and theres like things that actually touch the ic's. That could be the hidden 58% surface area. they look awesome either way.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
maybe they arent using thermal pads anymore, they are using legit heatsinks with ceramique or something and theres like things that actually touch the ic's. That could be the hidden 58% surface area. they look awesome either way.
well they say they are useing pads still just better ones.it also seems like a flat sheet touching the ic's and curved on the edges.

Back