• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2-2-2-5 not stable with OCZ's PC 3200 Gold.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

I just got a gig of this stuff and the frist day i was able to set it at 240x10x4 at 2-2-2-5-T1with 3.3volts i think it was but now i cant do 230@2-2-2-5-T1 with it prime stable.No matter what voltage i use so i have it right now at 250x10x4@2-3-3-7-T1=2500mhz and i lost a good bit of bandwidth in sandra05 memory bandwidth test as compared to 240x11x4 at 2-2-2-5-t1.But at least its stable..Im not really worried about 2-2-2-5 or 2-3-3-7 as boht are nice tight timings for 250 but 2-2-2-5 would be nice since it is BH5 UTT
Ok so im assumming that a burn in is needed to get this ram even faster timing's but have no idea as to the best way to do this.I have it prime95 stable at around 12 hour's now @2-3-3-7-T1.How long would a good burn in take?I have the voltage 3.4 according to the Booster.Should i run the ram it its most stable speed with extra voltage for a good burn or or should i run at it max stable OC?I have never done this before as im am a complete noob to AMD and and this whole BH5 /ch5 craz.Also what numbers play the biggest role in the timing's as far as limiting a OC.I know cas is the biggest factor but after that which number hold you back the most and need to be loosened.?I seen crazy timing from guy's running cas1.5-3-2-6-T1.Also is anyone running a similar setup as me? If so could you tell me your max OC and what setting are you using. This Sure isn't my Intel machine anymore

Last edited:
Do you have a nice big fan over your memory? Heat will kill the memory with too much voltage going into it. I'd run memtest and make sure everything checks out. Then go up from their

Yeah i have a 80mm fan blowing right on right 0n both the ram and booster.With out the fan i can not touch the spreaders because its way to hot.But put the fan on it and it stays nice and cool

Back