• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz 3700 gold rev2 advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgoFumPapa

about a year and a half ago, i bought two 512's of ocz pc3700 gold rev.2
right now, im looking to add on another gig of memory to my system, but this rev.2 3700 is impossible to find! does anyone know where its best to track down old ram? my best guess is just to wait it out on ebay and see if anything shows up. otherwise, what are some good choices of ram to match the 3700? what would work best with them? when i bought these i was overclocking, but lately everything has been at stock, and they are running at ddr400.

so would it be worth while to try and sell it and just go for 2 gigs of 3200? or should i just leave it as it is and add in one more gig?

EgoFumPapa said:
so would it be worth while to try and sell it and just go for 2 gigs of 3200? or should i just leave it as it is and add in one more gig?

If you wanna run dual channel at 1T timings go with the 2x1gb sticks, im sure there will be someone on these forums to buy the 2*512 sticks off of you. :)
The Bandwidth comparison of 4sticks at 2T is a lot lower than 2sticks at 1T, trust me. I had 2 OCV 4000VX sticks and 2 gold el sticks (3200) for a total of 2gb and my memtest86 bandwidth wasnt even half of what it was with 2x512 at 1T timings. (166 divider from DIMM 1 also played a role, but even at 200 it was around 1200mb/s, whereas the 2x512 sticks hit 2610mb/s)

Or you could save it and build a second rig someday.....For some reason I feel much better having two rigs over having one. I geuss because if you fold or benchmark, or run prime alot, its nice to have another comp to get on.

Back