• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Tech Support is Great!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baltoos

I was getting occasional BSOD's with my P4 2.8C (270FSB & 3.78GHz)-Asus P4C800E-dlx rig w/ a Gig of OCZ PC4200EL. I ran Memtest & got some errors. This had happened before & I backed off the timings a bit (from CAS2.5 to CAS3).
I decided to call OCZ Tech Support & had a nice chat w/ Sean. He said it looked like the RAM was slowly dying & offered to replace it because of the lifetime warranty.
The Replacement RAM was PC 4800 Platinum w/ TCC5 chips. Unfortunetely,
shortly after I got the new RAM, I started having similar problems. Sean replaced that w/ some new PC4800 Platinum Elite with specially selected TCCD chips. He was also quite willing to discuss my problems & work with me with some things to try to get everything working properly.
IMHO, you can't get any better service than this!
Thanks OCZ & Thanks Sean!
-Dave

baltoos said:
I was getting occasional BSOD's with my P4 2.8C (270FSB & 3.78GHz)-Asus P4C800E-dlx rig w/ a Gig of OCZ PC4200EL. I ran Memtest & got some errors. This had happened before & I backed off the timings a bit (from CAS2.5 to CAS3).
I decided to call OCZ Tech Support & had a nice chat w/ Sean. He said it looked like the RAM was slowly dying & offered to replace it because of the lifetime warranty.
The Replacement RAM was PC 4800 Platinum w/ TCC5 chips. Unfortunetely,
shortly after I got the new RAM, I started having similar problems. Sean replaced that w/ some new PC4800 Platinum Elite with specially selected TCCD chips. He was also quite willing to discuss my problems & work with me with some things to try to get everything working properly.
IMHO, you can't get any better service than this!
Thanks OCZ & Thanks Sean!
-Dave

Yes, OCZ has great Tech support and seem to always respond veery quickly. Once my new G.Skill comes in Im gonna RMA this OCZ VX because of error issues. I would like to get TCCD or TCC5 in return but the price difference may not let me. My "Sleeper Rig" wont go past 2.85 volts, so VX isnt a good choice for it.

wooo killer upgrade.

last week i was having problems with things crashing and my oc went to hell.
in the back of my mind i was hoping it was my ram dieing.reason is the warrenty with ocz would be much easier than dealing with any other dead or dieing part.

turns out it was bad software killing my rig.

deathstar13 said:
wooo killer upgrade.

last week i was having problems with things crashing and my oc went to hell.
in the back of my mind i was hoping it was my ram dieing.reason is the warrenty with ocz would be much easier than dealing with any other dead or dieing part.

turns out it was bad software killing my rig.

I know how you feel. As long as its not my Vcard or Motherboard, I wont have a problem sending it back. PSU, CPU, and RAM, I dont mind getting an RMA for. I dont mind sending processor back, cause I want my Proc to be perfect, its way to hard to fix if it doesnt work. Nearly impossible.

ShadowClock59 said:
Yes, OCZ has great Tech support

its no secret ocz has the best tech support out of any company.that among other reasons, including the fact they make some of the best overclocking ram in the business are the reasons why im a big fan/supporter of ocz.at one point i even supplied ocz products but i stopped because the profit margins were too low.

Props to Sean @ OCZ who exchanged my burned out VX 4000 for 4800 Plat. Elite Edition. OCZ stands behind its products.

It's great these days to hear of a company that goes above and beyond what they are required to do. Not many companies (OCZ) out there like that anymore. Kudos to OCZ, and my upcoming purchase will go to them because of this.

I almost feel guilty for buying gskills after such good experiences with OCZ but this 2gig kit was just to good of a deal. I still have my powerstream though :p

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
Never had any experience with OCZ, but if SteveOCZ is here, that means OCZ cares ;)

Me neither but I hear good things :thup:

BTW...There are other tech support guys from other RAM Manf as well here on the forums ;)

I sure hope the girl in steveOCZ's avatar is the one that answers the phone when I call for support.
Can you hook a brotha up with a special extension or something? :santa:

I think its great that there are people from OCZ and the likes posting here. I really like this place, and its good to know there is professional advice at hand. I am sure I will need it in the future. Tee hee.

All though I have only had my own acual P.C. on thwe net and such. I have loved computers for a long time. I built the rig in my sig, and am damn proud of it. :D

I could have made some better choices for the mmotherboard, and I still need to get a diecent hard disk AND sound card. But thats the whole point, right? You make mestakes along the way, and you learn from them.

I have a long way to go, but I have learned a lot in the past few months about how computers work. and a lot was from here.
[/ramble]
Merry christmas to everyone on the boards! :santa:

Back