• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help 3.0E and P4P800SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkcd

Hi, it's been a while since I'm back to the scene (I've been so outdated with PCs and stuff.) I've just visited my friend today. Someone built for him a system.

3.0E + P4P800E +512DDR400 +512DDR400 (that I give him today for a bday present so he can gave it as Dual).

However I've noticed something really weird. Having everything set as FACTORY BIOS Auto, the Specs is at 2.8ghz, 533MHZ FBS, DDR333.

Now, this raises a confusion to whether:

A. The store gave him the wrong CPU and a wrong 512DDR400 that originally came with it? (We have 100% trust in the assembler since he's also a close friend and built it infront of my friend immediately after they bought the parts.)
B. The system is "underclock" somehow?

Now it's been about 3 months since he has the system, so we can't do anything about the store. So being the optimistic guy that I am, I'm hope that the answer is option B.

If it's is the case -B-, can you please help us so that we can have the system run at its normal speed like how it supposes to ? 3.0GHZ - 800MHZ FSB - 1GBDDR400?

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH.

KN

It looks to me like the store gave him the wrong cpu. I haven't seen bios give wrong info for a stock setting yet, but I guess it could happen. The easiest way to tell would be to remove the hs and see what's printed on the cpu.

If it can't go back to the store your only options are to sell it to someone else, or overclock it to get the speed higher.

He installed the wrong cpu :(.
If it was an underclocked 3.0E running @533 fsb it would be running @2.0ghz not 2.8ghz.
Hopefully he put in ddr400 and not ddr266 so you can either overlock or replace the cpu if you want to without buying new ram to boot.

Back