• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF is this memory modules?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ianocean

Registered
Yesterday i've bought for testing 2x1Gb cheapo modules but was terrible surprised-look here:
http://www.microtechcomputers.com/product.asp?Sku=DDR1GB3200-ADV
This DDR Memory Module is suggested to work with the following Motherboard Chipsets - VIA P4X266A / KT400 / KT600 / PT800 - SIS 645 / 648 / 648FX / 746FX - Does not support nVidia or Intel Chipsets please check your mainboard specs before ordering.
But the shop where i got this memory doesn't warn me about incompatibility
Tried to RMA but they say the memory is fine and is my problem :bang head

so u bought the modules from a different shop than the one on the link u provided??? Unfortunately those look like el cheapo chips (probably seconds that wouldnt pass acceptance tests by the big companies like samsung). then samsung sells it to a third party that makes cheapo stix's. trouble is, alot of vendors arent very ethical and dont make the buyers aware that they may not work with certain chipsets.. explain to them that ur research shows they arent compatible with ur rig and u expect them to at least replace them with something that works... goodluck

Back