• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS8 - Bandwidth Efficiency Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I've finally set up the rig in my sig, though at this point it's without the watercooling. I have parts for a vdroop on the way, but for now I'm just playing with some memory settings. I'm using TCCD, currently at 2.5-3-2-7, 200MHz, Enhanced, CPC Off, not PAT settings inabled. I'm using the 17 BIOS, and setting "Game Accelerator" to anything but Auto crashed memtest before it even begins.

I ran Sandra, and my bandwidth efficiency was 54%, and my score was around 3160. That seems pretty low...does anyone know what the deal is?

your gonna want CPC on, thats like 1t and 2t, on being 1t off being 2t. 3160 is WAY WAY low. you should be able to get a max of 6400 mb/s, i think the issue is loose timings for 200mhz, you might be able to get 2-2-2 and you definately want 1t on. that should get you alot more sandra points then what you have now.

I'll give CPC a shot. I thought that it might not work with two 512mb modules.

For some reason 2-2-2-6 crashes Memtest, and I'm not sure why. Won't load Windows either. Might be lower volts, but this RAM ran 2-2-2-11 on my nForce2 board at 200mhz. Is the 865PE a little picky about such tight timings? This is really my first Intel rig...

Turns out Sanda is just retarded. Everest is reporting good results, so I'll go with that.

Everest is telling me between ~5400 and ~5900 now...it varies a ton between tests.

CPC was good for one of the Sandra scores, but not the other.

Back