• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Optiplex GX110 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brickout

Hi all-

I have a spare Optiplex GX110 sitting around, and have decided to build an HTPC from it.
2 problems, though: First of all, I want to find out what mobo it uses so I can flash a different bios to get rid of the last vestige of Dellness. Does anyone know what they used, or where I can find out?

Also, I CAN'T GET THE FARKRIN' THING OPEN! It's an old Dell SFF pc...Any ideas?

I can post some pics later. Thanks for any help!

With Dell your best bet is to start off with their support docs and drill down from there. The service guides below this link will give you enough information to rip it apart and start the board search, but ultimately you're probably better off pulling the board, searching for unique markings, then googling on them. I think Intel was still the design and manufacturing entity for Dell during that era, so it may be worth it to check through Intel's tech docs for any similar 810-based boards.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx110/

Hi,
Be careful with Dell Motherboards, as one of my other PC's is a Dell, and it uses a non standard powersupply.
I know this because a friend of mine tried to install a new standard PSU in his Dell, and it killed his motherboard.

I dont know about your motherboard, but the new ones are like this.

Good Luck

Duster said:
Hi,
Be careful with Dell Motherboards, as one of my other PC's is a Dell, and it uses a non standard powersupply.
I know this because a friend of mine tried to install a new standard PSU in his Dell, and it killed his motherboard.

I dont know about your motherboard, but the new ones are like this.

Good Luck

The transition was made in 1998. I do not recall whether my old D266 from 1997 had the proprietary ATX pinout. Do not use Dell PSUs with non-Dell boards, and do not use non-Dell PSUs with Dell boards. Yes, they can be rewired if need be. Lastly, the mounting holes usually do not line up with ATX standoffs.

Thanks for all the input...The search continues.

I'm not trying to swap any parts out, as I don't want to spend any more money. Thanks for the warnings about the PSU though.

Back