• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

218mhz @ 2-3-3-6 or 228mhz @ 2.5-4-3-6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am not a P4 person, but I would venture to say you are better off with the higher ckock speed. You don't have to take anyone's word for it, just run some benchmarks. Good luck.

Without knowing for sure (I haven't used Intel in ages) I believe Intel rigs benefit most from high fsb. My guess is you'd find better performance from the 228fsb.

alright thx guys i did a sandra bench and they were the same (within 20mb/s) but turns out that the cas 2 isn't stable :(

maxxoverclocker said:
alright thx guys i did a sandra bench and they were the same (within 20mb/s) but turns out that the cas 2 isn't stable :(
Then that really seals the deal. Go for the higher clock.

as said above go for the higher clock, from what I have read Intel likes higher FSB over timings.

alright i can run 228 @ 2-4-3-6 or 228 @ 2.5-3-3-6 lol my system is picky :( what would you guys choose? keeping in mind its a p4. benches gave me pretty much the same results but is there one that is inherently better than the other? thx

edit: scratch that only the cas 2 was stable @ 3v, i swear lmao dual primed and a game for an hour then when i restart the damn thing doesn't load windows! lol, but thx for the help

Last edited:
Back