• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay scumbag(help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

[not sure if it should be in here or not]

Alright here’s the deal. I bought an ipod off eBay. A color 20gb. I bid on the 19th when it ended that night. I won it for $250. I paid the next day (the 20th of July).

Here’s the auction I won

So i looked at his feedback, it didn’t look horribly bad but it wasn’t great. But now its horrible. Everyone is complaining. I think he has done this to multiple people now. He said it take 2-3 weeks to deliver but i highly doubt its going to go that way.

The problem is I used bidpay and I’m not very familiar with bidpay. I don’t know what there policy is with these types of things. So i need your help. I will provide any information you need. I have not sent this guy any emails yet because I’m not sure what I should say or not. But I will record the emails i send to him. Please help me out here.

o crap man.. he's banned
im not sure how much you can do after that.. now all you really have is bidpay.. which i dont use either

Uhhh...Crap. Yeah i dont know bidpays policy. Hopefully its good, thats my first time using it i alwyas use paypal which i will stick to now.

Don't get down on banned members. I got banned just for having 2 accounts. Then they want to make sure, every item you had for auction at the time, you had already bought. IT's BS but just becuase he's banned doesn't mean hes bad.

Try contacting him, get some information...

jack222 said:
Don't get down on banned members. I got banned just for having 2 accounts. Then they want to make sure, every item you had for auction at the time, you had already bought. IT's BS but just becuase he's banned doesn't mean hes bad.

Try contacting him, get some information...

Alright, Well ill try, what should i basically say? And if he doesnt respond to me too like he/she hasnt to the other members. But if he doesnt respond can bidpay give me my money back, or do i have too contact the CC company?

PLOBBY said:
Alright, Well ill try, what should i basically say? And if he doesnt respond to me too like he/she hasnt to the other members. But if he doesnt respond can bidpay give me my money back, or do i have too contact the CC company?

Send the seller an e-mail immediately from the info you have with him from Bidpay. If no response, contact your credit card company and initiate a charge-back. If he is out to screw you, (and it looks like he is by reading his recent feedback, 2 of the last 9 Ipod transactions were people claiming they recieved one, so your odds are roughly 23% that you will recieve it, odds like that are pretty bad and you should contact him, ask for a tracking number, if ignored, call the CC company) you are very fortunate you paid with a Credit Card and you should be fully covered

Won Item on 4th/seller has money but I have no IPOD/no communication/ STAY AWAY!
Buyer rover1421 ( 5 ) Jul-22-05 03:43 5786840452

seller did not warn that the only payment she accepted CHARGES YOU EXTRA to pay!
Buyer clarita072886 ( 9 ) Jul-21-05 23:13 5790900846

GREAT seller to work with. Good communication and very polite. Fast shipping. A+
Buyer scooterbug00 ( 13) Jul-21-05 21:49 5786439848

Same story as others, paid on 8th, still NO IPOD!! Do not recommend!!!
Buyer marnie150 ( 9 ) Jul-21-05 19:13 5787281379

Just as listed. Very pleased
Buyer wgwild ( 22) Jul-21-05 17:29 5788561877

Never reply to emails; past 3 sales for IPODS he took money; NO IPOD received.
Buyer dgreen81253 ( 260) Jul-21-05 15:23 5790834492

Bought Item On 8th, Paid, No responce from Seller, No ipod Recived. POOR EBAYER
Buyer beary16 ( 27) Jul-21-05 14:24 5787886751

never reply to emails but seems to reply to feedback fast?money paid but no item
Buyer taquelle ( 1 ) Jul-21-05 10:50 5788137990

payment sent Jul 8th. It's now the 21st and no email or ipod despite inquiries!
Buyer dinko81 ( 20) Jul-21-05 09:22 5787304338

Ahh thanks a lot, what im thinking though is that the account might have been stolen. But i got the phone number and such and ill give him/her a call in the next day or two.

Silversinksam said:
Send the seller an e-mail immediately from the info you have with him from Bidpay. If no response, contact your credit card company and initiate a charge-back. If he is out to screw you, (and it looks like he is by reading his recent feedback, 2 of the last 9 Ipod transactions were people claiming they recieved one, so your odds are roughly 23% that you will recieve it, odds like that are pretty bad and you should contact him, ask for a tracking number, if ignored, call the CC company) you are very fortunate you paid with a Credit Card and you should be fully covered

Won Item on 4th/seller has money but I have no IPOD/no communication/ STAY AWAY!
Buyer rover1421 ( 5 ) Jul-22-05 03:43 5786840452

seller did not warn that the only payment she accepted CHARGES YOU EXTRA to pay!
Buyer clarita072886 ( 9 ) Jul-21-05 23:13 5790900846

GREAT seller to work with. Good communication and very polite. Fast shipping. A+
Buyer scooterbug00 ( 13) Jul-21-05 21:49 5786439848

Same story as others, paid on 8th, still NO IPOD!! Do not recommend!!!
Buyer marnie150 ( 9 ) Jul-21-05 19:13 5787281379

Just as listed. Very pleased
Buyer wgwild ( 22) Jul-21-05 17:29 5788561877

Never reply to emails; past 3 sales for IPODS he took money; NO IPOD received.
Buyer dgreen81253 ( 260) Jul-21-05 15:23 5790834492

Bought Item On 8th, Paid, No responce from Seller, No ipod Recived. POOR EBAYER
Buyer beary16 ( 27) Jul-21-05 14:24 5787886751

never reply to emails but seems to reply to feedback fast?money paid but no item
Buyer taquelle ( 1 ) Jul-21-05 10:50 5788137990

payment sent Jul 8th. It's now the 21st and no email or ipod despite inquiries!
Buyer dinko81 ( 20) Jul-21-05 09:22 5787304338

Ahh thanks very much. I will follow what you said, very helpful.

This is what I wrote to the seller.

Kym,

I bought a 20gb color ipod off of you on the 19th. (Ebay # 5790566597 ) I paid for it on the 20th through Bidpay, and the Bidpay status confirms that you have received payment. I have not heard any word on it since then. I was wondering if you have shipped it out and if I can get the tracking number from you. If I do not hear from you in 5 days, I will be forced to contact Ebay, BidPay, and/or the credit card company to start the charge back process.

I await your prompt response.

*My Name*

damn that sucks ... last year i orderd some games on ebay (Joint operations and call of duty) for $45... the person stole my money because sent them a money order :( but i still trust ebay because now i know just to use paypal next time.-

Keep your money order receipts, as well as the Ebay records, and you can still get the people. It's slightly more difficult, but you have his address/PO Box, and can easily get in contact with the local law enforcement.

Whats more scary? having the police show up, or merely having a charge back?

hehe.

If all else fails (I mean ALL ELSE) you could always go busting down his door... but even then that may be a bad idea :p

You should be able to work it out with your CC Company and Ebay.

if theres been no comunication to a fair few people over that time and no more auctions put up over that point couldnt he simply be in hospital from an acident or something like that? before this the guy had good rep

Careful...I've heard some horror stories about attempted chargebacks on Bidpay money orders. Report him to ebay, and file an INR.

Also check the selling history that's available; what type of items is the positive FB for? Same category or vastly different?

I have had a problem with an ipod a few months back on ebay. Bidpay's policy is if the money order has been cashed, they can't refund you. Something I did was contact other bidders who didn't recieve their ipods, and have them all pressure him non stop, on the phone. The guy eventually sent back the money after I said I would call the police. Everyone I contacted did get their money back. Good luck though trying to get back the money.

ps. the guy's excuse was that he was out of town when he didn't answer my emails, but he answered my cousins which was sent at the same time as mine about another one of his ipod auctions.

Contact Local Law Enforcement to find out if this guy is simply indiposed, or is really trying to pull a scam.

If you used a Postal MO, and it's found the guy did scam you, that is Postal Fraud and they DO go after people for it. it's a very serious offense.

If you go with those options, I feel confident you will get your goods or get your money back.

Unless the guy wants to be a wanted fugitive, he'll come around.

Back