• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 gold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I have the above RAM 2 sticks of it, duel channel. Both sticks are in the board paired and all, they at first only detected as 4200, I changed that to 667mhz but it still says 5300. Also it is running as single channel, and its duel channel memory. when I try to install windows it crashes in the boot cd menue right before you would hit f8 to continue, when it says loading windows.

list your specs, sounds like your board. my asus says whatever speed it's set to as pcXXXX. if i'm running under 667mhz it says pc5300, other times it says pc4800 it's pretty exact.

The board is an asus P5WD2. The chip is a P4 3.2 2mb cache. And the RAM is OCZ PC2-5400 dual channel. Everything works fine now accept it still says the RAM is runing in single channel mode.

Intrepid do you have the latest bios for the board? I would make sure you have the flashed and see if things work better.

Let me know how it goes

Yeah, also make sure you have the sticks in slots 1 and 3 or slots 2 and 4 (both installed in the same color slots).

Back