• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil ram chip specs, NF2 and TCC*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
gl3lc32g88tg - That's the code on the Geil ram I have after I took off a heat spreads (hope I didn't kill it :p ). I googled it but could not find the manufacturer of the ram. All the results just came up as Geil PC3200 ram, and I know Geil doesn't make the chips. Can anyone help out here? It's green PCB and blue heat spreader, 2.5-3-3-7 rated.

mag08ul3264d1tg5-kt is also stated on the label.

Also, does TCCD/TCC5 specced at PC4000 speeds work well enough with NF2 boards to not be a problem with OCing to 250MHz FSBs, or would BH5/6 still be reccomended? The mobo is in the sig.

I have the same ram modules - I managed to run them one @ 228 and other @ 224. Both with 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 11 and 2.77V.

hope it helps...as for the chips, I think these are Infineons but I aint exactly sure.

Cheers

Well they're working, popped them back in. :p

I've had these at 2.8V and 2-3-3-11 at 220MHz, and they'll do 2.5-3-3 at 230MHz.

Not bad chips, but I wonder what they are.

I bought the same ram from a friend about a week ago for $50 for a 1G dual channel kit. I also have the NF7 rev. 2. I guess I was lucky because I was able to get the following performance out of the sticks:

(Maximum 0 Error Memtest O/C)

Stick 1:

DDR470 (235fsb) @ 2.5-2-2-11 with 2.9v

Stick 2:

DDR446 (223fsb) @ 2.5-2-2-11 with 2.9v

I currently run the ram in dual channel @ 2.5-2-2-6 with 2.7v @ ddr 400. The strangest thing is that the ram doesn't like fsbs over 210 in dual cannel, while the ram when tested seperatley, does 223fsb at the same timings with the worst stick.

Anybody have any insight on why that is? I think it might have to do with my motherboard but I'm not sure.

It's probably your chipset keeping you from running fast dual channel. Seems to be common in NF2s at least.

Yup...sounds we're all talking 'bout same chips here. Not sure I can do 2 - 3 - 3...with mine but still (I was only going for a Prime Blend 12 hr stable settings).

@ CWynn:

Im almost 100% its your board not letting you, not the ram. But I find it great that you can run the better stick @ 2.5 - 2 - 2 - 11 with 235 FSB! Strange thing here remains though, you're using 2.9V. Why? Well, mine seem to do less errors when undervolted than overvolted (2.6 beats 2.9). 2.77 though, does no errors. Also, my board (see sig) let me run two sticks in DC @ 227 FSB (PQI and Geil combo < not even same sticks) stable...

Not long ago I decided to add another stick of DDR400 which can manage 228 (PQI) but had to drop my FSB to 200 - my mobo won't have it I guess :/

Cheers

CWynn said:
I bought the same ram from a friend about a week ago for $50 for a 1G dual channel kit. I also have the NF7 rev. 2. I guess I was lucky because I was able to get the following performance out of the sticks:

(Maximum 0 Error Memtest O/C)

Stick 1:

DDR470 (235fsb) @ 2.5-2-2-11 with 2.9v

Stick 2:

DDR446 (223fsb) @ 2.5-2-2-11 with 2.9v

I currently run the ram in dual channel @ 2.5-2-2-6 with 2.7v @ ddr 400. The strangest thing is that the ram doesn't like fsbs over 210 in dual cannel, while the ram when tested seperatley, does 223fsb at the same timings with the worst stick.

Anybody have any insight on why that is? I think it might have to do with my motherboard but I'm not sure.

Are u using a modded bios? Which one?

It's probably your chipset keeping you from running fast dual channel. Seems to be common in NF2s at least.

Yeah I agree. The northbridge is already lapped, and i added my own huge heatsink on there with a fan that I made from an old Slot A athlon heatsink. I'm going to do the vdd voltmod either tomorrow or the next day, whenever I feel like pulling my system apart. I'll see if hitting the northbridge with more volts helps, it's running cool right now so it sould be good for it.

Im almost 100% its your board not letting you, not the ram. But I find it great that you can run the better stick @ 2.5 - 2 - 2 - 11 with 235 FSB! Strange thing here remains though, you're using 2.9V. Why? Well, mine seem to do less errors when undervolted than overvolted (2.6 beats 2.9). 2.77 though, does no errors. Also, my board (see sig) let me run two sticks in DC @ 227 FSB (PQI and Geil combo < not even same sticks) stable...

With the dual channel, the best setting is 2.7 (which is overvolted by the motherboard to 2.78ish), but when I ran single sticks, the voltage increase and the fsb increases were pretty much linear with the increase in voltage. With dual channel, adding more voltage doens't do anything worthwhile except make more heat.

Are u using a modded bios? Which one?

Right now I'm using the MantaRay d26 XT bios. I had another bios before, I believe it was one of the Merlin bios, but there was no difference between timings and overclocks between the two. I liked the layout of the MantaRay XT better, and that's why I'm sticking with that one.

I might do a vdimm voltmod and try increasing the voltage to the dimms to see if I get any more stability with even higher fsbs.

Back