• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 gig of pc3200 vs 2 gig of pc4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grandmaster c

Registered
hi guys i want some advice on these ram.

i want to get 2 gigs of ram for my computer, primarly for battlefield 2

my two options are to get 2 gigs of pc 3200 or pc4000

2 x 1 gb of pc3200 costs around $270ish with 2-3-2-6 latency

4 x 512mb of pc4000 (since they dont make 2x1gb yet) costs around 200 a pair so $400ish

if you were me and wanted to do a bit of overclocking also what type should i get? (also cost is not that much of an issue for me)

If you plan on OC'ing a lot...go for the pc4000 because you can hit higher speeds.

If you plan on OC'ing about 10-15%...go for the 2gb of 3200. I'm actually thinking about selling mine because I can't get past the 15% barrier and I want to go higher. I've only had them up and running for about 2 weeks...and they memtest fine. Let me know if you might be interested. They run at 2-3-2-5 @1T and are in my sig...

overclocking go for the PC 4000, only advantage of PC3200 is that you can upgrade to more ram, But 2Gigs is more than enough for anything right now

Before recommending what to get, you should really tell us what MB and processor you are using.

hey guys i just bought and received the 4x512mb of ram, and now i'm having a bit of trouble with it.

the problem my computer wont load windows, it stops at the windows progress bar page and then jsut freezes. Ant this only occurs when i have the full 2 gigs in it.

It loads just fine with 1 gb, and it loads fine with 2gb in safe mode, but not 2gb in normal windows.

i've tried rasing the voltage and even changing the timings and it still wont work. can someone please help me out. do i have to reinstall windows when i install new ram?

run memtest? does it pass with each stick sepert?, could be one bad stick/

yeah i just tried each stick by them selves, they all work fine just when i but in 2 gb it wont.

it just loads to the windows xp loading screen, and the the progress bar just stops

Back