• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 being detected as PC2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daga5831

I'm running on an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo, and I have 2x512MB PQI Turbo PC3200 RAM (according to the stickers on the heatspreaders). When my system is POSTing it says that I'm only running DDR-333, and I can't find anything in the BIOS about changing the memory speed. The only thing remotely close to it that I can find is something about the maximum speed the memory is allowed to go to.

Does anybody know what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Kinda dumb, but was it used. Because possibly it could be ddr333 ram but just have a heat spreader on it that says ddr400. Also maybe some kind of ram jumper is on, i dont know? Ive only worked with a neo2 once and with ddr400 ram and no problems.

Jacobman said:
Kinda dumb, but was it used. Because possibly it could be ddr333 ram but just have a heat spreader on it that says ddr400. Also maybe some kind of ram jumper is on, i dont know? Ive only worked with a neo2 once and with ddr400 ram and no problems.

Yeah, it's used...I think I'm the 3rd owner :p. I'll try to find the mobo manual and look for memory jumpers.

Back