• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lines appear all over screen when both sticks installed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RAMMAN

lines appear all over screen when both memory sticks installed.

everything works fine when just one memory stick is installed into slot1 but if the other is installed into any of the other slots i get white lines all across the bios screen :shrug: please help, i need a whole gig of ram up and running for a upcoming lan this saturday otherwise the stuttering is going to cost me more than a few frags, especially in battlefield2.rig in sig.

Last edited:
rig was just built today so everything stock atm.will try 3 & 4 tomorrow but i suspect an outdated mobo bios, the other slots are not working :bang head or more likely a dead stick of ram(yippee, ocz are great at rma,s :) .)

Last edited:
never used memtest before.probably could update bios to 1.9final since it boots into windows no problem with the one stick but am going to test the other stick in another computer first.

Both of my OCZ PC3200 Plat EL do that when I don't give them enough voltage at high FSB's...it like pulls a matrix on my bios screen lol

ok, problems gone bad to worse.only got 15k in 3dmark01 and 7k in 3dmark03! good god! thats worse than 9800 speeds! had major problems with 5.7 omegas that were fixed when 5.7 cat,s were installed.however still getting abnormally low scores though and whenever something is updated and a reboot is required an error comes up! i suspect incompatibility between my venice cpu and mobo due to an outdated mobo bios.can someone give me a link so i can download msi live update since i cant use dos mode? and someone please get batboy and rseven in here!

nothing has been overclocked on this rig to date, nor has the bios been entered yet.will the bios screen show what the current bios version is that the mobo shipped with? i dont know how to use dos mode so thats why i need live update.i might even need a newcastle or winchester in there to get a successful flash due to all the updating difficulties :bang head .will live update give me a choice of which bios to flash to or will it just flash to the latest official bios which is 1.9final because i want version 1.8 due to the fact 1.9final can cause cold boot failure which would be disastrous for me.btw thanks for the link.however i wont be able to flash until i get back my rig from my local computer store on friday, and they refuse to flash it themselves because its having so many problems which i think is bios related! :mad:

Last edited:
i dont have a floppy drive so i guess i will have to use live update and get version 1.9 as soon as i get the chance.just what are the chances of having cold boot failure the day after flashing this bios?

just a quick question how many amps does that PSU put out on the 12v+ line? just wonderin cuz Ive never bought a thermaltake PSU, usually stuck to Fortron and Sparkle, have you tried switchin to a diff PSU? I dont own an A64 but Ive heard it puts a strain on the 12v+ line... just my 2 cents

i certainly cant memtest with both sticks together since it wont get past the boot screen.i dont think theres a problem with my memory now.my psu is a good brand name(thermaltake)which is second only to antec so id imagine the +12v rail would be way over the required 20amps+ so thats taken care of.but i believe my problem is the compatibility issue between venice, tccd memory and the old 1.5 msi k8n neo2 bios(am i right rseven?)its to dangerous to just simply flash it since it would just get corrupted on bootup just like everything else thats been updated so far so i need either a stick of ocz 3200 platinum r2 memory(tcc5)or a newcastle or winchester cpu(not e3 stepping)to get rid of the compatibility issue first.btw a different computer which is also mine that im posting from has just started to randomly reboot on me...but im not going to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Do not rule out the PSU. TT is not a bad brand of PSU but it's not a very good one either. Do tou have any gear you can swap out to trouble shoot. I really think this is more than a bios issue and I wouldn't flash it when it's unstable. If you have an older video card to swap out this might tell you something. It could be that the X800pro is overdrawing on your PSU. That's just a guess, but if you can swap some stuff out you may find out what it is. Bottom line is it may just be another bad msi board.

i used to use a weaker psu with this gfx card and a prescott cpu so i doubt thats the problem.after this saturdays lan im going to buy a single stick of ocz 3200 platinum r2...after a few excess intel and cooling parts are sold.i heard that particular memory runs perfectly right out-of-the-box with my cpu and mobo...even if it has the 1.5 bios.if that works i can just simply buy another stick to run in dual channel.if that doesnt work i will have to downgrade to a winchester of some sort :bang head and if that doesnt work ill get someone else to flash the mobo for me.the mobo is permanantly fixed to my favourite case with no faceplate so if its a dud im stuffed :bang head .

Last edited:
bump.this thread will remain until my computer is running normally at its stock speed :bang head only than will i begin to overclock and ill make a different thread about that.

Last edited:
Back