• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning in RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmo580

Registered
Is there a guide on how to burn in ram properly? I just got sticks of VX4000. I know to set it at like 2-2-2-8 and run it at 250 @ 3.3V, and do memtest, but is there anything more specific?

Which memtest? How will I be able to shave off a few notches in voltage for future overclocking?

:welcome:

More you burn in the better. I would suggest that you do #5 and #8 test (in memtest) as much as you can cause it will pay off. Also there is no harm in doing 32MB SuperPI and also Blend test in Prime95 which will stress the s**** out of your RAM as well.
Another suggestion is that you active cool your RAM cause this will not only give you better stability but it will get you better performance as well.

Yup. Thanks. I will have an XP-120 w/ Panaflo which will blow on the VX sticks....

Back