• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound on P4C800-E DLX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryg

Registered
Hi there,

Bought a second hand P4C800-E Deluxe (Rev 1.x) for my Dothan (which runs great btw).

Everythng works fine except for the onboard sound card. I can install the drivers on the CD as well as the ones located on the Asus site. During this process I get no errors and everything seems fine.

I have checked both the Windows and Winamp sound settings and the SoundMax Device is the one beeing used in both cases. The Equalizer in Winamp dances around (still no errors) but there is no sound :(

I've tried to plug in various headphones and speakers with no luck...

What do you consider to be the issue?

It is an old board, but I didnt know that it would be possible to install drivers for a broken device? :shrug:

Hope you can help me out!

stryg said:
Hi there,

Bought a second hand P4C800-E Deluxe (Rev 1.x) for my Dothan (which runs great btw).

Everythng works fine except for the onboard sound card. I can install the drivers on the CD as well as the ones located on the Asus site. During this process I get no errors and everything seems fine.

I have checked both the Windows and Winamp sound settings and the SoundMax Device is the one beeing used in both cases. The Equalizer in Winamp dances around (still no errors) but there is no sound :(

I've tried to plug in various headphones and speakers with no luck...

What do you consider to be the issue?

It is an old board, but I didnt know that it would be possible to install drivers for a broken device? :shrug:

Hope you can help me out!

Hi,

Thats very strange.......

When I installed the sound driver, sound max should ask what you have connected to each port. Did it not do this?

Do you have your speakers in the Green port? This is for two speakers.

Have you checked to make sure that the sound device is enabled in BIOS?

Any errors in the Windows event log?

Duster said:
Hi,

Thats very strange.......

When I installed the sound driver, sound max should ask what you have connected to each port. Did it not do this?

Do you have your speakers in the Green port? This is for two speakers.

Have you checked to make sure that the sound device is enabled in BIOS?

Any errors in the Windows event log?

All the headphones and speakers I have tried has been plugged into the green port. An yes, the SoundMax thingy asks what it is I connect each time, no problem.

I have the Onboard Sound Device set to AUTO in bios, which should be fine. Windows detects the device when no drivers are installed as well.

Windows event log? Where is that?

Thanks for your efforts :)

stryg said:
All the headphones and speakers I have tried has been plugged into the green port. An yes, the SoundMax thingy asks what it is I connect each time, no problem.

I have the Onboard Sound Device set to AUTO in bios, which should be fine. Windows detects the device when no drivers are installed as well.

Windows event log? Where is that?

Thanks for your efforts :)

Sorry to hear you havent fixed it.

If you know your speakers work. then I think your board is broken

Last edited:
Open the volume control ( down by the clock, speaker icon) and be sure there's nothing muted. If it is muted, uncheck the mute option. Hopefully this will fix it.

Be sure you have the latest 875P chipset drivers from Here .

Back