• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which BIOS (DFI Ultra-D NF4) for this RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I am putting together a system for my friend, which BIOS would you recommend will give me the best performance/overclockability (but not extreme OCing for him)

His CPU is a 3700+ sandy
and the RAM is http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820227210

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Platinum System Memory Model OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K - Retail

I've done SuperPI 32M at 270, 2-2-2-6 on this board with VX3200, as well as 301, 2.5-3-3-7 with PQI TCCD (both ram rated PC3200!!!), and I tell ya, I never seen the BIOSs make much diff. All this business about -1, -2, -3 BIOSs and all.

Same thing with 310, 510, 704 or whatever BIOSs. Never made much diff. It's all in the sticks.

Get the latest official 6/18's from DFI site and what ever you do stay away from 7xx BIOS because its full of bugs and it may kill your CPU like it did with deceptions. I can't find a link to his post right now but check under DFI mobo section if you are interested.

yeah I remember reading about his problem with the overvolting. Thanks guys, I will probably just do the latest BIOS because I am pretty sure he is quite a n00b.

Janus67 said:
yeah I remember reading about his problem with the overvolting. Thanks guys, I will probably just do the latest BIOS because I am pretty sure he is quite a n00b.

WOW, deception is well known member on OC Forums and he is far from being a noob.

Back