• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Boot, No Beeps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sean187

I recently purchased a new board, cpu and graphics card. i installed them all correctly, but when i turned the thing on all i got was fan, lights and no display, the screen flickered once, and no beeps, that was all. i tried a different graphics card and ram, no difference. i sent an email to gigabye, all they could suggest was i took it apart, redo it, make sure everything was inserted correctly, and reset the cmos. i did this several times, no defference. i even tried booting with only important components eg. cpu, ram and graphics, im now completely out of ideas, i think ive tried everything, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

my specs are:

P4 Titan, GA-81848P775-G Board
Pentium 4 541 3.20 GHz 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 Cache 64 bit CPU
I have several Ram sticks 2 x 256 and 2 x 512
a Nvidia geforce fx 5200 128 mb graphics card
Radeon 9600 256 mb graphiics card

I also took it out of the case and tried it (i red that somewhere) but no difference

Is your monitor ok? Is your power supply ok? I would test the power supply to make sure you haven't lost one or more of your lines. Sadly it sounds to me like your board is fried. Im not expert by any means but I have toasted a few boards before. Also you stated you tried the board out of the case so I guess you can rule out a grounding problem. I would try to boot with no ram in it or no cpu in it and see if you get any warning beeps that way. If not maybe think about going shopping. Good luck dude.

Back