• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramtron Sold Mushkin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems kind of obvious that Mushkin was losing money with the selling price and the write downs. Maybe the GM has some fresh ideas.

Originally I thought that had to be a misprint, I mean, Mushkin has to be worth more right? But I did some quick perusing of Ramtron's 10-K and they are one small crappy company.

2004, they did a measly 55 million in revenue, 18.3million was Mushkin's. Mushkin's operating costs were 18.1 million (!!!!), leaving them an operating income of $200,000. Depreciation/Amortization was about 10,000 which gives a rough EBITDA estimate for Mushkin at around $210,000, which is rather pathetic. Jesus, no wonder Ramtron spun out Mushkin, they were dragging them down like

If whoever it was bought this company for $1.8 million, they paid around 9x EBITDA for. I did a quick search for some Comparable companies, the only one I came up with that's publicly traded is Micron. To put them in perspective, these guys have 1.5 billion in EBITDA, 4.8 billion in revenue. And they currently trade at about a 5x EBITDA multiple. Of course this is super rough, and I haven't done any real research combing Ramtron's 10-K for more information, but from here, it looks like actually whoever bought Mushkin probably overpaid quite a bit. There's probably some reason for them paying extra, the press release did mention they get Mushkin's cash reserves and A/R, which could figure into Mushkin's total enterprise value. Ramtron's 10-K doesn't look like it has the cash and A/R broken up though... But anyways, Mushkin as a profit making company sure was one stinker. Who knew, lol.

tyson-chris said:
Originally I thought that had to be a misprint, I mean, Mushkin has to be worth more right? But I did some quick perusing of Ramtron's 10-K and they are one small crappy company.

2004, they did a measly 55 million in revenue, 18.3million was Mushkin's. Mushkin's operating costs were 18.1 million (!!!!), leaving them an operating income of $200,000. Depreciation/Amortization was about 10,000 which gives a rough EBITDA estimate for Mushkin at around $210,000, which is rather pathetic. Jesus, no wonder Ramtron spun out Mushkin, they were dragging them down like

If whoever it was bought this company for $1.8 million, they paid around 9x EBITDA for. I did a quick search for some Comparable companies, the only one I came up with that's publicly traded is Micron. To put them in perspective, these guys have 1.5 billion in EBITDA, 4.8 billion in revenue. And they currently trade at about a 5x EBITDA multiple. Of course this is super rough, and I haven't done any real research combing Ramtron's 10-K for more information, but from here, it looks like actually whoever bought Mushkin probably overpaid quite a bit. There's probably some reason for them paying extra, the press release did mention they get Mushkin's cash reserves and A/R, which could figure into Mushkin's total enterprise value. Ramtron's 10-K doesn't look like it has the cash and A/R broken up though... But anyways, Mushkin as a profit making company sure was one stinker. Who knew, lol.

The GM who purchased Mushkin must also get their A/P though which could be considerable. I hope they don't go out of business.

It's my fault.

I emailed their support department trying to get them to take back these TCC5s they sent me for some problematic TCCDs. I wanted my TCCDs back. Must have broke the camels back... ;)

Hoot

P.S. No reply...

Back