• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Enhanced Latency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
I've been overhauling my box, I started with the cooling and now it's time to upgrade my ram. My old ram is pc3200 corsair value select (did a search and almost everyone to a person said it's no good for OC'ing).

Will this be good ram for overclocking: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146882

I have a 3.2E D0 stepping Prescott and my board will be a Abit IS7, the PSU is an Ultra X-Connect 500 Watt (I've read that this brand, though flashy, isn't highly reputable).

What do you think?

NinjaWreck said:
Why wouldn't you go with 1Gb of ram?

Why should I? I thought the only people need that much are people who do video editing and such?

You only really need a gig or so if you game and do heavy applications. 512 is fine for a general work station

Hmm, I will be doing some moderate gaming. No first person shooters or anything like that, though.

....... said:
Why should I? I thought the only people need that much are people who do video editing and such?

I think that bar has been raised to 2Gb for video editing, 1Gb for gaming, and 512 for workstation and basic use. Thats just my opinion.

Yeah, I know with XP you really shouldn't even be running the thing without at least 256mb. Perhaps the bar has been raised. Really the thing for me is budget on this one. I've just always felt I could get away with 512 and so far it hasn't been an obstacle.

Back