• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which chipsets overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Havn't really been in the loop since I got my LGA775 system. I'm at a point in my life that I can't put $220 on the P5WD2 like I'd like to, so I am curious to see which chipsets overclock well now.

I had a P5AD2-E Premium that didn't work properly, so I returned it, and just got my money back instead of buying another. I've been pretty happy with the 915P even though it can't really do above 205 FSB stable. I thought that I saw a 915P clocked somewhere above 250FSB, they must have really suped it up since the first revisions???

Basically I'm wondering if the 925X, and the 945* can overclock decently. 250FSB would be decent for now, even though I know my chip can do much higher.

Thanks. :)

Forget the i915 and regular i925, they won't do much. The i925XE, i945, or i955 will all O/C pretty decent if you get an Asus or Abit mobo. With the i945/i955 you have an upgrade path to the Pentium D dual core processors. I've been real happy with my Abit AA8XE if you don't need the upgrade path and are looking for an inexpensive board.

Back